Here are five images of Marion Military Institute in the early 1890s. All images are from the MMI Archives, the two of the campus taken from the 1892 MMI catalogue.
The MMI campus c. 1892: (L-R) South Barracks, The Chapel, North Barracks (burned in the 1940s), and the Dining Hall.
The MMI Cadet Battalion (looking rather Confederate) drawn up in front of The Chapel c. 1892. Note the flag atop The Chapel.
Members of the Franklin Literary Society at MMI c. 1891. Their counterpart on campus was the Jefferson Literary Society. Each society had a special room in the wings of The Chapel.
This unidentified MMI Cadet had his image taken in Selma, Alabama, in 1891.
The MMI Football Team of 1894-1895.